Thursday, April 2, 2009

One word- Rain

It's been raining for two days. And I believe it will rain tomorrow. While I know that the rain is good for our garden and the regional water supply, I am longing for some of that cheerful spring sunshine!

Bill planted beets and more lettuce a few nights ago, in much more reasonable quantities than I did last week. I haven't seen any of the out side plants sprouting yet (not enough sun?) but some of our indoor seed starts have sprouted! It's so wonderful to see the small green shoots curling up out of the soil. Even though it will be months before we will get any produce off those plants, I already feel as though we have been successful in our venture.

The weather forecast for the weekend looks promising. In between baseball, house cleaning, and a festive cookout, I hope we can get some quality gardening in. Until then, We'll stay dry inside and think of all the ways to eat spinach! :)
jem

No comments: