Monday, April 20, 2009

Soggy with inspiration



It's another rainy Monday, but the weekend was clear and dry and toasty. We spent Saturday afternoon working in the yard; speading mulch, painting and installing fence pickets, transplaning iris, planting a small redbud tree, and planting some hostas that came from the neighbor (seen above in the "before-n-after" photo). I am anxious to mow the lawn, but I am holding off until it grows a few more inches. Our lawn is no work of art; it's a mix of grass and weeds and small spring flowers. I don't mind, as long it keeps the mud off my feet and gives Chris a place to play. On Sunday, we visited five gardens as part of the Historic Garden Tour. In short, I would have to say that it was a moderately inspirational adventure; but not as remarkable as the bulb tour last weekend.

In 3 days, we head to California. I am certain we will visit a garden or two on our trip. :) jem

No comments: