Monday, June 1, 2009

Beautiful Monday

Today was a perfect spring day; in the 70's , sunny, and crisp. After work, I picked up some slug repellant, a few annuals for my last clay pot, and a new basil plant. Once I changed into my gardening gear, I spent a while planting, watering, and repelling slugs. Bill and I fertilized the garden, pulled some weeds, and then put up almost (!) the rest of the pickets. We ate a big bunch of sauteed spinach for dinner; we have to cook it since it's been munched on by slugs, as you can see here:
We planted bulbs, annuals, and some dahlias along the garden fence:
The lawn is looking green and lush, and Bill is excited to walk on it:
Beginning of June:
I've never grown potatoes before, but ours sure do look like they know what they are doing (see them on the right?)!
jem

3 comments:

KME said...

I enjoy reading your updates. Surely your garden has grown since June 1!

J. E. Mauzy said...

yes, it has. We have even taken photos. But we are soooo busy right now.
I hope to get back to updating soon.

woofslc said...

Looks beautiful! We have tons o' slugs here too, in the middle of the arid desert, wtf?! Hope your summer is great, xo melissa