Thursday, May 28, 2009

Talking about water

Today is Thursday, the first day with no rain since last Sunday. I have harvested spinach and herbs twice in the last week, and everything is growing and filling in so nicely with all the rain. The potatoes look like something out of a catalogue, which is a nice change from the spinach and lettuce leaves that are being ravaged by slugs. Bill has mentioned getting some pesticide for the slugs, and I am almost willing to do it, just so we will have leafy veggies to eat for the next few weeks.
The beans, peas, and tomatoes are looking super, while the marigolds, peppers, and carrots appear pretty weak.
I really want to take some photos, but we are at a time of camera transition, so I keep forgetting. Bill got a beautiful new camera set up, so in the future, our garden photos may very well look like something you'd see in a magazine. I suppose I should whip up some Martha outdoor seat cushions and matching placemats......just in case Home and Garden sees this blog.
:)
jem

No comments: