Thursday, May 7, 2009

Soggy

Today is Thursday and it has been raining since last Saturday evening. I am glad everything is getting plenty of rain, especially since we planted so many things last Saturday, but I sure do miss the spring-time sunshine. I think that it will make an appearance this weekend.
Garden tasks that need to be done in the next 2 weeks:
  • Finish garden fence and pickets
  • Stake the tomatoes
  • Plant annual flower seeds around garden perimeter
  • Pick/thin baby spinach, lettuce, and beets
  • Plant more lettuce (?)
  • Move transplanted liriope
  • Mulch around trees and in beds
  • Kill poison ivy in old iris bed
  • Pull weeds in garden

That looks like a good list for now :) I'm just hoping that the grass will dry out enough for me to mow it tomorrow.

No comments: