Sunday, May 24, 2009

After a seemingly long hiatus....

Ahhh.....internet......how I have missed you in these last few weeks.
While traveling and busy with work, the garden has exploded with sprouts and flowers. The squash plants are pushing out their papery yellow flowers and the beans are sporting little white and purple ones. The lettuce and spinch have made a few meals already, for us as well as for some slugs, I think. The corn and potatoes have popped up and most of the tomato plants look strong and motivated.

The flat-fenced garden behind the garden-proper appears to be surviving thus far. The herbs and squash/watermelon/pumpkin plants next to the house look pretty good as well, perhaps a little sun-deficient.

Today, I am going to buy a wheelbarrow! I am very excited. Tomorrow, I will work on mulching the big beds, planting some donated bulbs and iris, and pulling weeds. I'll try to take some photos later so that you can check out the splendid progress!

Happy Memorial Day/ Weekend!! jem

No comments: